Friday, January 21, 2011

What a week -- ready for some down time and to finish my book

I am the Administrative Assistant for our church. It's a comfy Church of the Brethren church in Henrico, Virginia. I work part-time and this was the first full week (5 consecutive days) that I worked this year. I had hours from last year that I wasn't paid for so I took some time off (snow days for the schools) to balance it out.

There are always 3 projects in January and coming off of the Christmas & New Year's schedule can make them a challenge -- the planning calendar for our Board; the new directory for the year; and the February edition of "The Herald"; our newsletter.

Last Friday I was able to print the calendar -- yippie -- 1 project done. Yesterday & today I printed the new directory -- double yippie since it's a 2 day thing! I brought them home with me to put labels on so we know who's left their's at church. I know as soon as I hand them out someone will tell me "I changed my email last week" or "We're dropping our landline to go with just the cell phone." Oh, well, I try. Now, on to the newsletter! I like doing the newsletter. It's my chance to be creative. (If you want to check out some of our past newsletters, go to www.wrcob.org and click on the newsletter tab.)

But before I do more with the newsletter, I'm taking tomorrow morning to go and watch what auditions are like for the James River Ringers. They are Richmond's premier auditioned community handbell ensemble and have been in existence in 1987. It should be interesting.

I'm on book #4 of my 50 book reading challence for 2011. I'm reading "An Amish Love" -- a compilation of three novellas by Beth Wiseman, Kathleen Fuller, and Kelly Long. I've read 2 of the 3 and can't wait to get into the third. They're quick to read and satisfying to your heart. Why not give it a try?

No comments:

Post a Comment