Saturday, January 22, 2011

Bells, Pasta, and a Good Book

What a nice day today was even though it was only 21 degrees this morning!

I had the opportunity to spend a couple hours with my friend Sarah observing how to become a James River Ringer and listen to what it's like to sight read 5-octave music. I looked on while she was actually there ringing with them. There were moments of total chaos, but moments that were heavenly.  They read through a piece entitled "Prayer" that was so pretty -- I'd like for our choir to give it a go.

Sarah & I shared a delicious lunch at a local Italian restaurant. It gave us more time to get to know each other a little better.

An Amish Love  -     
        By: Beth Wiseman, Kathleen Fuller, Kelly Long
    
Then home to curl up with my book and a blanket! I didn't think I'd ever thaw out. I finished getting warm with the wonderful love stories in "An Amish Love." The combination of Kelly Long, Kathleen Fuller, and Beth Wiseman is awesome. They shared three very different love stories under three different sets of circumstances in three different stages of life to give us three different reasons to thank God for the loves with which we have been blessed. Ladies, you made me want to cuddle up a little closer to my hubby of 24 years and thank him for the love we share everyday. I also thanked God just a little bit more for the time He has given us to share together.

No comments:

Post a Comment