Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Homespun Bride

Montana Territory in 1883 was a dangerous place--especially for a blind woman struggling to make her way through an early winter snowstorm. Undaunted, Noelle Kramer fought to remain independent. But then a runaway horse nearly plunged her into a rushing, ice-choked river, before a stranger's strong, sure hand saved her from certain death.

And yet this was no stranger. Though she could not know it, her rescuer was rancher Thad McKaslin, the man who had once loved her more than life itself. Losing her had shaken all his most deeply held beliefs. Now he wondered if the return of this strong woman was a sign that somehow he could find his way home.



This was my first book by Jillian Hart and I must say that I am very glad it was picked as our group read. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and didn't want to put it down.

What wonderful pictures where painted in my mind -- the storms came to life, the landscape was as clear as looking out a window for me. I loved that so many things were describing using musical references -- her alto voice, the crescendo of the wind, and so many others.

I was swept away by Thad and Noelle. There were times I was ready to yell "Are you crazy woman?! If you don't want him, I'll take him!" and I've been very happily married tot he same wonderful man for 25 years. I had to chuckle at Henrietta and Robert, what an interesting couple. I wish we had been able to get to know Robert better. I'll be looking for more books in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment