Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Caregiver

I have finished reading "The Caregiver" by Shelley Shepard Gray. It is #18 on my list of books read this year in my 50 book reading challenge. 

Lucy and Paul are married, but not happily. Calvin has been dumped by his girl for his best friend. Matty is Lucy's cousin and is Calvin's neighbor. What can happen on a train ride in a storm? What can happen when you care for others? Lucy finds answers to these questions and more while she takes care of her cousin who is being treated for breast cancer.

I have enjoyed all of Shelley Shepard Gray's books and this one did not disappoint me. She brought in a story line that is not your typical Amish marriage and I came to love Lucy and wanted to be there for her. I can't wait to read "The Protector."

I received an advance copy of The Caregiver from HarperCollins through NetGalley and am not obligated to give a positive review. This book's publication date is March 1, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment