Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Half-Stitched Amish Quilting Club

Book Description

It’s Quilting 101 for the students at Emma Yoder’s quilting classes. But as six very different men and women try to make scraps of fabric something beautiful, they begin sharing details of their fragmented lives. Suddenly quilt classes become life lessons. . .and their souls are healed one stitch at a time.



I really enjoyed how different all the members of the quilting class were -- a couple with marital problems, a pastor's wife, a biker dude, a young widower, and a young lady -- and also how the teacher had her own problems, but I think my favorite character was Lamar. He reminded my of a pair of jeans you've bought at Goodwill -- broken in to fit just right but still with plenty of life in them.

Thank you Wanda Brunstetter for the chance to step out of my problems and the opportunity to cheer for others.

I received an advanced copy from Barbour Publishing through NetGalley. This book releases today, April 3, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment