Friday, February 18, 2011

It Has Been A Week!

What a whirlwind of a week it's been!

  • On Sunday I learned that my hubby didn't know that the next day was Valentine's Day. Oh, well -- it could have been worse.
  • On Monday I went to Chick-fil-A for dinner with a friend. We were both given a rose and a Godiva truffle, and  the kids got Chick-fil-A cows. I think the men were given coupons. You could even get free ice dream with toppings. There was also a Mary Kay lady there handing out entry forms for her drawing. I came home with  lovely red rose (it still looks good today). I did get a sweet card from my hubby.
  • On Tuesday a group of us went back to the Community Kitchen to volunteer for 3 hours.We had 9 this time & I got some nice pictures. I just can't get them off my phone to be able to post them! :-( I learned that I won the Mary Kay drawing! My choice of a mini derm abrasion or a mineral make over. I opted for the make over.
  • On Wednesday I went out to lunch with the teachers from our preschool. We celebrate each other's birthdays. We buy lunch but take a dessert in with us. (I came home with the leftover biscuits -- we went to Red Lobster!)
  • On Thursday I went to a seminar on church communications. I had a great time... learned I'm doing some things right and some ways to improve other things. Lunch was provided. They had these sliders that were awesome  -- smoked ham and melted swiss cheese with apple butter on a sweet potato biscuit -- oh so yummy! I was also entered in a drawing for either a kindle or a box at one of the Richmond Flying Squirrels games. I also ordered tickets for a group of 18 of us to go see Celtic Woman next month.
  • And now it's Friday. Today was warm, breezy, and wonderful. I wished I could have been outside, but I had to finish what wasn't done on Thursday. I like busy days. I also learned that I won one of the drawings from the seminar! Looks like I'm taking a group to a baseball game -- we also get $100 worth of food while we're at the game. Maybe I am the activities director at church!

Now it's time to sit back and put my feet up -- bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment